Bullion Mining Company Stock Certificate (GT Brown) #100824

Currency:USD Category:Coins & Paper Money / Stock & Bond - Mining Start Price:100.00 USD Estimated At:200.00 - 300.00 USD
Bullion Mining Company Stock Certificate (GT Brown)  #100824
100.00USDto V********e+ (22.00) buyer's premium + applicable fees & taxes.
This item SOLD at 2019 Dec 06 @ 10:47UTC-8 : PST
SHIPPING & HANDLING: Shipping is subject to a minimum charge of $19.00. Shipping and handling cannot be estimated prior to invoicing as it is based on the size and weight of your purchase. Additional shipping and handling costs, if required, will be re-invoiced for the balance due. Items are not shipped until the invoice is completely paid. Many buyers purchase a number of lots. Every effort will be made to include all lots in a single shipping charge calculated to cover the weight and size.
Lot of 2. 1) Stock no. 9113 issued for 10 shares to Jas. Coffin on Dec. 23, 1878 in SF. Signed by vice-president William A. Schultz and secretary Joseph Gruss. Not cancelled. Pinholes, folds. Printed by GT Brown, noted African-American lithographer. 4 x 9" 2) Assessment receipt for the company and the certificate issued to Coffin. The Bullion Mine, staked in 1859, was located 1/2 mile north of Gold Hill on the north side of Bullion Ravine. It was promising property because it had rich Comstock mines on either side: the Chollar-Potosi and Consolidated Imperial. The Bullion absorbed the Corser, Eastern Slope, Wellington, and Fairview claims; 944 ft. total. No recorded production, even though the mine was operated from 1862 to the early 1900s. John Mackay was first a trustee of the mine in 1863, then superintendent in the late 1860s. As a trustee, Mackay teamed up with J.M. Walker, who took on the role of supt. Unfortunately, even Walker and Mackay could not make it profitable. Before giving up, Mackay had the mine explored to a depth of 1,400 feet. Please also see our very rare Mackay signed Bullion stock in this sale. [Ref: Ansari] State: Nevada City: Comstock, Gold Hill Date: 1878