6290

Flint & Pere Marquette Railroad Company (75839)

Currency:USD Category:Collectibles / Railroadiana, Trains Start Price:25.00 USD Estimated At:50.00 - 100.00 USD
Flint & Pere Marquette Railroad Company   (75839)
SOLD
15.00USDto 8********h+ (3.75) buyer's premium. + applicable fees & taxes.
This item SOLD at 2019 Jul 15 @ 17:52UTC-7 : PDT/MST
SHIPPING & HANDLING: Shipping and Handling cannot be estimated prior to invoicing, based on the size and weight of your purchase. All shipping is subject to a minimum charge of $19.00. If additional shipping and handling costs are required, the buyer will be reinvoiced for the balance due. Items are not shipped until the invoice is completely paid. Many buyers purchase a number of lots. Every effort will be made to include all lots in a single shipping charge calculated to cover the weight and...
1) Preferred Capital Stock of the Flint Pere Marquette Railroad Company dated October 19, 1880. Certificate no 68 for $60. 2) Ten shares of capital stock of the Flint Pere Marquette Railroad Company dated June 11, 1840. Certificate no 144. The now defunct Flint and Pere Marquette Railroad operated in Michigan between 1857 and 1899. It was one of the three companies which merged to become the Pere Marquette Railway. The F&PM was chartered on January 22, 1857 as the Flint and Pere Marquette Railway. The early promoters of the road were George M. Dewey and E.H. Hazelton of Flint. Dewey served as the first president of the F&PM. In 1860 Service began on January 20, 1862, on the 26.1-mile section from East Saginaw south to Mount Morris. In December 1864 the F&PM gained access to Detroit via trackage rights over the Flint and Holly Railroad and the Detroit and Milwaukee Railroad. Construction westward from Saginaw started in 1866 with the first section of 20 miles to Midland, opened December 1, 1867. On September 2, 1868, the F&PM was consolidated with the Flint and Holly Railroad. The merger brought into the F&PM the Crapo family - Henry H. Crapo, Governor of Michigan in 1865-69, and his son, William W. Crapo, later president of the F&PM. The railroad continued on with land grants through the forests of central Michigan. It was completed to Clare, 24.4 miles, west of Averill, in November 1870; another 15.6 miles) was finished in March 1871. On June 4, 1872, the F&PM was consolidated with the Holly, Wayne and Monroe Railroad (opened for service the same day); the Bay City and East Saginaw.
Ken Prag Collection

Date:
State/Country:
City/County: