Getchell Mine Stocks (7) (79340)

Currency:USD Category:Coins & Paper Money / Stock & Bond - Mining Start Price:35.00 USD Estimated At:70.00 - 110.00 USD
Getchell Mine Stocks (7)  (79340)
20.00USDto j*****0+ (4.40) buyer's premium + applicable fees & taxes.
This item SOLD at 2020 Jul 11 @ 12:54UTC-7 : PDT/MST
SHIPPING & HANDLING: Shipping is subject to a minimum charge of $19.00. Shipping and handling cannot be estimated prior to invoicing as it is based on the size and weight of your purchase. Additional shipping and handling costs, if required, will be re-invoiced for the balance due. Items are not shipped until the invoice is completely paid. Many buyers purchase a number of lots. Every effort will be made to include all lots in a single shipping charge calculated to cover the weight and size.SH...
7 I/C 1949 to Stillman, Maynard and Co. Signed by President Getchell. "The Getchell Mine is an underground gold mine in the Potosi Mining District of Humboldt County, Nevada, on the east flank of the Osgood Mountains, 35 miles northeast of Winnemucca. Prospectors Edward Knight and Emmet Chase discovered gold in 1933 and located the first claims in 1934. With the financial backing of Noble Getchell and George Wingfield, the Getchell Mine, Inc. was organized in 1936 and the mine was brought into production in 1938.[2][3] The mining operation currently consists of two underground mines, Getchell and Turquoise Ridge, operated as the Turquoise Ridge Joint Venture. Barrick Gold is operator and 75% owner with Newmont Mining owning the remaining 25%.[4] The mining method currently used is underhand cut-and-fill. The refractory gold ore is treated by pressure oxidation technology at the Twin Creeks Sage autoclave and gold recovered using conventional carbon-in-leach technology.[2][4] The gold deposit is a sediment-hosted disseminated Carlin–type deposit, with sub-micron sized gold distributed in pyrite and marcasite.[1] The mineral getchellite, a rare sulfide of arsenic and antimony, AsSbS3, was discovered at and named after the Getchell mine" from wikipedia.

Country (if not USA):
State: Nevada
City/County: Humboldt County