Two Mining Stocks for Comstock Mines Run by John Mackay #100941

Currency:USD Category:Coins & Paper Money / Stock & Bond - Mining Start Price:100.00 USD Estimated At:200.00 - 300.00 USD
Two Mining Stocks for Comstock Mines Run by John Mackay  #100941
SHIPPING & HANDLING: Shipping is subject to a minimum charge of $19.00. Shipping and handling cannot be estimated prior to invoicing as it is based on the size and weight of your purchase. Additional shipping and handling costs, if required, will be re-invoiced for the balance due. Items are not shipped until the invoice is completely paid. Many buyers purchase a number of lots. Every effort will be made to include all lots in a single shipping charge calculated to cover the weight and size.
Lot of 2 different. 1) California Mining Company. Virginia Mining District, Storey County, Nevada (printed under title). No. 96517, issued for 5 shares to E.A. Richardson. on Dec. 23, 1879 in SF. Signed by president Chas. Wallace and secretary. CP. Gordon. Not cancelled. Black border and print on yellow paper. Britton & Rey. Pinholes, deep folds. 4.25 x 9" The California Mining Company was split from the major Consolidated Virginia Mining Company in January of 1874 to speed up exploration. The gamble paid off with the discovery of the 'Big Bonanza.' The California Mine was the 2nd largest producer on the Comstock. Mackay (and Fair, Flood, O'Brien) owned the Con. Virginia and California Mines. 2) Bullion Mining Company. Located in Gold Hill Dist. (printed above title). No. 34216, issued for 100 shares to McDonell & Ryan on July 9th, 1896. Signed by president Thomas Cole and secretary William Bowers. Not cancelled. Black border and print. Pinholes, folds, soiling. Mackay was superintendent of this mine early in his Comstock career. Mackay was first a trustee of the mine in 1863, then superintendent in the late 1860s. As a trustee, Mackay teamed up with J.M. Walker, who took on the role of supt. Unfortunately, even Walker and Mackay could not make it profitable. Before giving up, Mackay had the mine explored to a depth of 1,400 feet. The Bullion Mine, staked in 1859, was located 1/2 mile north of Gold Hill on the north side of Bullion Ravine. It was promising property because it had rich Comstock mines on either side: the Chollar-Potosi and Consolidated Imperial. The Bullion absorbed the Corser, Eastern Slope, Wellington, and Fairview claims; 944 ft. total. No recorded production, even though the mine was operated from 1862 to the early 1900s. [Ref: Ansari] State: Nevada City: Comstock Date: 1879 & 1896